About Heart Aerospace
Heart’s mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable mode of transport for regional travel. Our goal is to serve the market in every corner of the world
Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. The ES-19 is a fully electric aircraft, and our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2025.
Your place of work will be at our main office and hangar facility. This is located on Säve Flygplats in Gothenburg, Sweden. Relocation assistance can be provided.
At Heart you’ll be working at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. We offer stock options to all our employees and a challenging and inspiring work environment.
We seek experienced and skilled engineers to join a small, fast moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team.
Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together.
The ES-19 aircraft will be an all-electric aircraft, and include both metallic and composite structures. We are looking for a senior level Airframe Structural Engineer to help us optimize the aircraft structural design. Job responsibilities will include the design and analysis of the ES-19 airframe, including stress and strength requirements, material selection, stiffness requirements, and weight optimization.
- Graduate degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in aircraft airframe and structural design
- Experience with aircraft structural design (ATA 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 & 57)
- Experience with aircraft structural certification (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Experience with both metallic and composite structure design
- Demonstrated proficiency in Finite Element Analysis
- Practical experience in a lab or test rig environment
- Assembly, fabrication/modification of structure test specimens
- Materials testing at component, sub-assembly or aircraft level
- A high-level of proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to work with others
- A passion for aircraft and Heart’s mission
The ideal candidate would have
- Experience in Fatigue and Damage Tolerance
- Experience in structural loads and fatigue testing
- Materials, testing and certification experience
- A Ph.D. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in CAD
- Expertise within CFD
- Programming expertise (i.e. Python, Matlab, C++)
- Proficiency in Swedish