About Heart Aerospace
Heart’s mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable mode of transport for regional travel. Our goal is to serve the market in every corner of the world.
Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. The ES-19 is a fully electric aircraft, and our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2025.
Your place of work will be at our main office and hangar facility. This is located on Säve Flygplats in Gothenburg, Sweden. Relocation assistance can be provided.
At Heart you’ll be working at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. We offer stock options to all our employees and a challenging and inspiring work environment.
We seek experienced and skilled engineers to join a small, fast moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team.
Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together.
The ES-19 aircraft will be powered exclusively by electrical power. We are seeking a senior level Electric Propulsion System Engineer to help design and develop our electric propulsion system, including the electric motors, motor controllers and variable-pitch propellers. This will be a broad role covering design, analysis and testing.
- BS or MS in engineering (Electrical/Electronic)
- Minimum 5 years experience in electrical propulsion systems
- Experience with aircraft propulsion systems and propellers
- Experience with aircraft propulsion power system certification (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Practical experience in a lab or test rig environment: Assembly, fabrication/modification, instrumentation, wiring; Instrumentation and data acquisition; LabView programming; Propulsion system testing in a rig/iron-bird environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in CAD
- A high level of proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to work within a team environment
- A passion for aircraft and Heart’s mission
The ideal candidate would have
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754/4761)
- Working knowledge of Airborne hardware and software development assurance processes (RTCA DO-178 & 254)
- PLM software experience, e.g. Teamcenter
- Proficiency in Swedish